Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Black Bean Salad

My grandma made a black bean salad when we visited one summer when I was a kid. I loved it so much that she gave me the recipe. It was the first recipe that belonged to me (I think I was about 11) and I still love to make and eat her black bean salad in the summer!

Grandma's Black Bean Salad
1 bag black beans (or 2 cans)
1 16oz. pkg frozen corn
olive oil
lime juice
onions, diced
red, green, and yellow peppers, diced
cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper
chili powder
garlic salt
cumin
serrano or fresh jalapeno (optional)

Cook beans and frozen corn as directed. Add olive oil (about 1-2 tablespoons) and fresh lime juice (about 1 tablespoon). Add the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings. Can be made the day before. Warning: This makes a bunch!

(photo from allrecipes.com--I don't have a picture because we always dive right in, but it looks very similar to this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment