Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Lovely Saturday

Saturdays are officially my favorite day of the week. The typical Saturday begins with my long run of the week with my friend Angela around 5am. I love Saturday morning runs more than any other run during the week because we are pushed for time during the week but on the weekend I can just relax and enjoy running for it's own sake. As the weather has cooled, running has become even more enjoyable. After I get back from my run, I take a shower then crawl back into bed with my hubs. You know how you feel lazy sleeping in very long? Well, when I go back to sleep after running 10 or 11 miles, I don't feel guilty or lazy at all. I feel incredible. Usually around 9am we'll get up and make our one big family breakfast of the week. After breakfast we all jump in the car and go cheer Toby on at his soccer game. When we come home we have lunch then Jason and I relax while the kids take a nap (also a once-a-week occurrence for our oldest 3). We usually have no other commitments for the day which I think is just heavenly.


Today was not our typical Saturday. Angela and I are going to do our long run tomorrow morning before church so I slept in until 8am then got up to make breakfast for everyone. Jason and Risa are sick so we're are trying to keep the sickies separated from everyone else. Today I made scrambled eggs and cinnamon sugar toast. I am really bad at making scrambled eggs for some reason. My mother-in-law makes the best scrambled eggs that I've ever had and I've studied her methods but just can't seem to get it right. Today though, they really turned out well. They were fluffy and delicious. I used to make cinnamon sugar toast all the time but once I realized that we usually went through two loaves of bread in one morning (this only happened when we had cinnamon sugar toast) I decided that the insanity had to stop. The funny thing is that I forgot all about cinnamon sugar toast after that and I think it has been close to 2 years since we've had it. Anyway, we all really enjoyed our two pieces each this morning! Toby had his soccer game and Jason and Risa stayed home. Toby scored 3 goals, 1 of which was in his team's own goal! Oops! He had alot of fun. I like how relaxed his soccer club is at this age. They don't have soccer practice during the week so on Saturdays the first 1/2 hour that we're there is practice, then the second 1/2 hour is scrimmages. There aren't any refs and no one keeps track of wins and losses. The parents cheer for both teams and the coaches are completely encouraging, even when our little Toby just wants to tickle and wrestle the other players. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment