Monday, October 5, 2009

My favorite time of the year

My favorite time of year is Fall, especially here in Oklahoma. The air is so crisp, the leaves turn beautiful colors, the sun is bright and just warm enough. When I lived in Santa Barbara, I missed Autumn in Oklahoma. In Southern California, the weather is beautiful all the time but there is barely any color change. I remember it felt like I arrived for the school year in late summer and a few months later it would be Christmastime but the emotional changes that happen during Autumn hadn't taken place because the scenery stayed constant. I didn't feel ready for winter every year when it came in Santa Barbara. I love the way I feel when the weather changes here. The anticipation of Fall builds and builds as the weather cools. The mornings are wonderfully chilly, the afternoons are sunny and cool, and the evenings are clear and cold. FALL IS HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment