Sunday, October 4, 2009

Run, Run, Run

I got up this morning for my long run. It was cold and drizzling outside. I am still trying to recover from the flu and being out in the cold makes me cough more than normal. We decided earlier in the week that we would run 9 miles today. I wasn't able to do it. At about mile 1 I started feeling short of breath. I mentioned it to Angela at mile 2 and we slowed down a little. We decided to alter our course and run 5 miles instead of the 9 mile loop. Sometimes it is so hard not to get discouraged when I'm not able to complete something that I set out to do. I'm trying to take it in stride but I still feel like I need to apologize repeatedly to Angela for not finishing. I am sure that next week I'll be back up to speed, at least I hope I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment