Sunday, January 10, 2010

I maybe, just might be, slightly neurotic

Today Jason and the kids and I moved Toby's bedroom around to accommodate a bunk bed and moved all of Risa's clothes and toys up to her big girl room (she has been sleeping upstairs for about a month now but we just never finished moving her upstairs until today). Two dear friends from college are coming to visit next week and since we don't have a dedicated guest room we're going to have them stay in Toby's room and he'll join the girls for a few days. This was an all day affair and though everyone had a good attitude we were pretty ready to be done with it. When we were about halfway done, I went shopping for bedding and Jas and the kids took a much deserved break. I went to three stores, two of which I had to return to because I found things I liked better at another store. In the end, I found almost everything we needed to complete the room. I really like the bedding, especially the chocolate brown microfleece blankets I bought to go under the comforters.

When I got home, Jason came outside to help me unload the car. Then he took everything back to Toby's room and started unpacking the bags, pulling tags, throwing away trash, making beds, etc. Or at least that is what I keep telling myself happened. What it looked like to me was that he took my beautiful new microfleece blankets, rubbed them on the fleece he was wearing that was covered in dog hair, dragged them around on the fuzz and string filled carpet, and lovingly played hide and seek with Molly-The Hairball-Lawrence with them, then put them on the new beds. I pretty much flipped out. I felt like yelling at him (thankfully I didn't) so I whimpered and cried instead. I knew I was being insane but couldn't quite convince myself to calm down. I hate it when my crazies come out! Am I ever going to grow up? I had to ask for forgiveness, which he quickly granted. I am so grateful for my patient and kind husband who helped both of us to later laugh about the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment